Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Tagged: 

• Posted by Jeremy on August 24, 2018 at 6:18 am

Dear Chuck, Sorry I could not be there at the time but having watched the whole session I found it extremely useful with your comments and demonstrations. It has helped me understand what I am aiming for with head vs falsetto. Also a great point about how male singers (like myself) get really used to chest belting which complicates transition to the lighter sound of head voice -0 mea culpa !
    With regards to my question about long notes, I did mean the E,F#,G, A immediately above middle C. I have to sing some backings in a tenor part that are on the vowel “Ah” which obviously doesn’t have the attack of the “Ney”. The notes are minims and semi breves at Moderato and I am having trouble getting and sustaining the notes on the open vowel sound. I will try a lighter sound and try to use less air (clench those nether regions !).
    I would love to be a “guinea pig” at some stage if you are looking for volunteers but it depends on when on your Thursday you plan to do the broadcast (I teach percussion in a school and am at it 7:30am to 5pm on my Thursday).
    Anyway, thanks again for the help

Jeremy replied 5 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.