Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Dana Parker

Posted by Dana on August 10, 2018 at 2:05 am

Hi, everyone! I’m Dana, and I’ve been singing professionally for over 25 years. I started out at the ripe age of 12 singing in a girl group that actually rose to some popularity at the time. I’ve signed to major and minor recording labels over the years with nothing really to show for it other than masterfully recorded, outdated songs. 🙂

My singing is the one thing I’ve always believed in. My hobby as a child was to take two tape recorders and record myself back and forth until I re-did the harmonies in Michael Jackson songs. If I wasn’t singing I was writing a song to sing. It wasn’t until I lost my last deal that I lost my confidence in singing. I stopped singing for roughly 10 years to get a “real job.” My voice suffered as a result.

Once I got out of my funk I resorted back to the lessons I remembered taking through the years. All the mantras — breathe through the diaphragm…drop the jaw…watch your posture…BREATHE — none of which was making sense anymore. I scoured YouTube for answers and found a ton. But, Chuck’s delivery was different. I could make sense out of all the years of failed lessons, now I actually understood why I was dropping my jaw, etc. I actually saw results in my voice.

My biggest challenge is singing powerfully in my upper range. I’m hoping to reach that milestone! Best of luck to everyone’s journey!

Chuck replied 5 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Chuck

Administrator
    August 18, 2018 at 1:40 am

Hi Dana! Glad you’re here. I’m looking forward to hearing great things about your progress!