Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Posted by Paul on October 29, 2018 at 7:28 am

Hi,

My original post seems to have got lost (for those who saw it before), but not a big deal; I’ll start fresh here.

I’ve been far too quiet on here, and despite being a computer person, I’m a total novice at video production. But I forced myself to make 2 videos tonight, to try to set a “baseline” to start from here in Singer’s Impact.

One is a basic “bubble lips / tongue trills” video just to show where I currently am; I used the wrong software to capture it and it’s ended up horribly out of sync; please forgive me for that. That video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_97bUB-D8M

Paul replied 5 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Paul

October 29, 2018 at 8:53 am

Hrm, I can’t see a link to edit my previous post, so I’ll add one more tiny update here.

I got inspired and whipped this together tonight: https://vultaire.net/youtube.html#vid1=OkG5WhQcnUM&off1=9&vol1=15&vid2=ppO3O_BBXNg&off2=187&vol2=100

This is in regards to the song I sung in my second post. This will play both the original music and my video together, in “hopefully good enough” sync, side-by-side in one page. Just open the link and click the Play button. If one video does load much quicker, you may need to play with pause/resume a tiny bit.

• Mike Bidwell

October 29, 2018 at 2:48 pm

Yay!! Someone else put up some videos!! Thanks Paul.

I thought you went in to head voice very well on the tune.
    I heard a good amount of ping on the high notes. That’s what I’m trying to achieve without yelling.

I’m curious what Chuck will say. If you put the @ symbol just before chuck with no space and no capital letters, he’ll get a notification that you mentioned his name.

I’m super glad you posted this. It takes a lot of nerve to post videos like this. You did a fine job.

• Paul

October 29, 2018 at 4:54 pm

Thank you Michael; I really appreciate it.

Well, I don’t want to bug Chuck too much, but maybe this once if he can spare the time: @chuck 🙂

• Paul

October 29, 2018 at 5:08 pm

I think I also hit a forum bug here:

1. I tried to manually edit one of my previous posts. I didn’t see an edit link, but I could get there via https://www.powertosing.com/forums/reply/<post id>/edit/.

2. The first time I did this, it worked fine. The second time I tried it, the post got dropped from this thread! I don’t know why. …The post itself exists, but has just went into limbo. (It’s post #3158.)

Probably this should be shared with the programmer/developer working on this forum.

• Paul

October 29, 2018 at 5:15 pm

Anyway, @chuck, in case you haven’t seen this thread yet, here is my summary:

1. The first link in this thread is a quick bubble lips / tongue trills video to “level set” where I am right now.

2. The second link (assuming post #3158 is still missing) is a link to me singing La Venus by X Japan, also as a “level set” of where I am right now. It’s not a YouTube link since my video alone has no background music; the link is a special page I wrote which will load *both* my video and the original song from YouTube and try to play them in sync.

Sorry for any confusion.

• Paul

November 1, 2018 at 3:53 am

Hi @chuck,

Thank you very much for the detailed response; I really appreciate you taking the time to review it. Part of the reason I bought that new mic was to make sure I couldn’t hide bad technique behind a bad mic. …And it’s more fun, sure. But I’m grateful for your response, as raw as that was. I know I’m getting better but I also know I have a long way to go. 🙂