Looking for HELP

• Looking for HELP

Posted by William on July 1, 2021 at 12:59 am

I’m 65 and have been performing mainly as a guitar player since I was 9. Singing has always been a weak area.

I’ve had a Woodstock Tribute show for the last 7 years and a bar band we perform quite a bit and bookings are picking up again.

I started working on my voice about 12 years ago, and had success, YAY. Then I had some jaw surgery 10 years ago for implants, and went back to hitting the ceiling around E4. I’ve been trying to get back to where I was (E5) or better since.

I can do the exercises, but don’t know how to apply them to singing. I practice daily. Any suggestions how I can transition the exercise technique into songs? I’ve tried tons of other programs. Any help is appreciated.

Chuck replied 2 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Chuck

Organizer
    July 6, 2021 at 10:42 pm

@William Daniel

Hi William. You can take any of the exercises and use them as a substitute for the words in the song. Suppose your voice was cracking in an area of the song. Instead of singing the words, sing the exaggerated Ney instead…doing it exaggerated enough so it doesn’t crack.

Do this until your voice is not cracking. Or try a dopy gee instead of the words. Or “No”‘s or Mum’s. Once you are able to do it with the exercise, put the words back in and see if it will hold.

This is a very effective way to apply the exercises to the songs to improve they way you are singing.

Hope this helps,

Chuck