Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Power To Sing (New Home) Forums Member Introductions Lost Falsetto for 5 years

• Lost Falsetto for 5 years

Posted by Kanye Gomez on July 17, 2023 at 11:52 am

Hello ! I joined the course in order to really delve into what my vocal type is. The thing I’ve been struggling with is finding my falsetto again. At about 14 years old my voice started to change rapidly and I found my falsetto becoming weak and sometimes going away completely whenever I sang. Unfortunately, as time went on my falsetto became weaker and weaker and at a certain point I just opted to not use it entirely and switched it for head voice. I like to sing songs I’m listening to and I’m a big fan of RnB and vocal heavy songs, so I have a bit of vocal experience after singing for so long. As a result I have a decently developed head voice but I haven’t been able to use my falsetto for about 5 years now. I don’t know if I should see a doctor, but I opted for the more comfortable choice of singing practice to get it back again after having lost it for so long. I would very much like to hear your feedback as I feel my vocal tone has gotten to a place where I don’t really want it. I want to access my falsetto again so I can stay on par with all the songs I like, and I feel I’m somewhat like a bad singer when I can’t use falsetto in the slightest, so I have to strain for a tangy soft reach high note or not go for the note at all. Or sometimes I’ll use an extremely high head voice but there’s only so much fullness that I can get with just that alone. Or something as silly as not being able to go “WOOOO” when something fun happens with a friend but I can’t access my falsetto so I just go for a regular voiced “yea!”. It’s definitely effected the way I approach certain aspects of singing and I hope I’ll be able to get past this with time. 🙂

Chuck replied 9 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Chuck

Administrator
    July 17, 2023 at 12:51 pm

Hi Kanye. let me know how the Fast Track course and exercises for pulled chest high larynx work for you.