Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Noel Fleming

Posted by Noel on April 3, 2020 at 6:37 pm

Hi folks,

new member here. Quick intro..

I took lessons with an SLS teacher a number of years ago.
    They improved my ability to sing scales but unfortunately it fully never crossed over into songs. I have a tendency to squeeze my throat too much…voice type is pulled chest high larynx.

I’m looking for a way to consistently find that place where singing feels almost effortless. It’s happened for me a couple of times before where I was actually shocked at how easy the whole process felt.

Unfortunately this is a feeling/sensation I am not able to replicate with ease. It seems like a complete accident that I stumbled upon those sensations in the first place…but when I did I finally understood how I should have been feeling all a long.

Ideally I want to get to a point where I can analyze the condition of my voice on any given day and know what exercises are required to get my voice back into that place.

Anyways,
    Looking forward to making some progress and being part of the community!

Cheers,
    Noel

Angela Delaney replied 4 years ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Chuck

Administrator
    April 3, 2020 at 6:41 pm

@noel-fleming Hi Noel! Great to have you join us. Thanks for sharing your singing background. You are in the right place to make some real progress with application to songs. Welcome! Chuck

• Angela Delaney

April 4, 2020 at 8:40 pm

Hey Noel! Welcome! I hope you are able to find what (I think) we are all looking for – beautiful, effortless singing. I look forward to hearing about your progress!!

Cheers!
    Angela