Cannot find the right placement

• Cannot find the right placement

Posted by Joseph Stephenson on December 20, 2023 at 4:05 am

Hi! I’ve started the PCHL vocal exercises and find that I’m consciously not pushing my larynx up now which is good. However I cannot get above a middle C/D without flipping into falsetto or tightening something up. Should I keep trying the exercises and hope that over time I’ll be able to find a way up without pulling or breaking?

Joseph Stephenson replied 4 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Chuck

Organizer
    December 20, 2023 at 5:13 am

Hi Joseph, not really. If I do the exercises wrong, I won’t get the results I seek in my own voice. Personally, I’ve resorted to taking some voice lessons to see if I’m doing it wrong or right. I remember after about 2 years of listening to Seth’s tape cassettes I took a lesson from one of his master teachers. One of the first questions I had was, “is that falsetto or head voice”. After all that time, I still couldn’t tell. The answer was head voice, which is what I thought…just wasn’t sure.

• Joseph Stephenson

December 20, 2023 at 5:29 am

Thanks for the advice.

Although my falsetto is fairly strong and well developed, I can be confident that it is not head voice as it does not connect to my chest voice. I’ve tried many exercises from many different teachers to develop my mixed/head voice but I’ve had no success unfortunately.